SELL YOUR HIGH END FURNITURE & HOME DÉCOR
We Liquidate Luxury and High End Estates.
Consignment is offered as a service to residential consignors and businesses who represent clients with luxury, high end furniture and home decor and who wishes to liquidate for a potential profit. Consignment with Marva’s is an easy way to gain cash for unwanted things. Importantly, if you are moving, Marva’s is a cost effective way for storing your items rather than paying the high cost for a storage facility, plus YOU get an opportunity to earn money. Since individuals are not able to return goods to the original place of purchase, Marva’s becomes the only option to manage and filter these luxury and high end pieces into the secondary market while making this a benefit to the consignor. Welcome.
How you can become a Consignor at Marva’s
1. Consignment with Marva’s is a partnership; we are very selective in this process.
- Consignor must have high end, high quality, designer or luxury items.
- Consignor must posses basic understanding and awareness of used furniture trends.
- Consignor must understand costs of transporting heavy furniture and use of labor and space.
- If you are selling your home, make sure to consult with your realtor before contacting us.
2. What you must offer for consignment:
High End & Luxury Brands Or High Quality Made Furniture & Home Decor that are barely used.
- Items must be 10 years or newer. If you have furniture older than 10 years, they MUST be in excellent condition and trending to the styles of today. If you are unsure, you may still fill the consignment form and send us some pictures of what you would like to offer.
We take all items for the home including:
- Furniture (bedroom, dining room, living room, Office, etc)
- Rugs, paintings/fine art, lighting (lamps & chandeliers)
- Home Decor, modern/contemporary dinner and glassware.
- And seasonal items such as outdoor furniture.
High End Brands & Styles (just to name a few):
- Stickley – Sherrill – Henredon – Bernhardt – Thomasville – Ethan Allen – Drexel – Henkel Harris
- Century, Hickory – Lexington – Rococo – French Heritage – Mid Century – Contemporary.
Let’s get started!
Send us pictures and include as much information that is available about the items for consignment.
Any item which meets our acceptance guidelines, can be arranged to be delivered to Marva’s Showroom.
- We do not provide pricing until we are able to conduct a review and inspection. If you wish to get an estimate of pricing before entering into a consignment agreement, we can visit your home or business for a fee. Please ask for a quote.
CONSIGNMENT – 50/50 Sharing
- Terms generally range from 90-120 days
- Once an item sells, we issue a check for 50% of the sales proceeds minus any applicable fees.
How do you get furniture & other items to our showroom?
NO APPOINTMENT REQUIRED: If you have smaller items, such as chairs, small furniture, fine art/painting, lighting, etc. Bring them in anytime during store open hours for review. A minimal store setup/handling & processing fee is due. Items are not priced until researched and fully inspected
APPOINTMENT REQUIRED: Estates, large furniture pieces and many items requires an appointment.
- You must bring your pieces to our showroom. While you transport furniture to our showroom, please make sure to wrap every piece to avoid damage. We will not accept anything that is damaged. We highly recommend using our Pickup and Delivery Services. Moving and transporting furniture is a strenuous task that usually require 2-3 people (there is a cost to hire people and resources such as a truck and packing materials). Our team takes excellent care of your furniture and art work from your home and then carefully displaying in our showrooms.
- DO NOT HIRE A MOVING COMPANY – We will not accept items from a moving company.
- Marva’s Pickup & Delivery Team: For your convenience, we employ a team who works directly with Marva’s. If you require this service, please ask for a pickup quote with your request. We highly suggest the use of this service. We get many people who underestimate this process and wish every time that they had used this service. You must evaluate if money is more valuable than time and risk getting an injury.
SETUP: We do not allow consignors to setup in our showroom, instead, we hire a staff to do that for you and for a minimal fee.
What Marva’s offers that no one does:
- We have a large “Store Showroom & Warehouse”: Your items are displayed in our store showroom to our many buying clients.
- We have an eCommerce “Online Store“. Our online store catalogs items for sale for online direct purchase.
- We get thousands of online viewers every month.
- Buyers can shop our online inventory and make purchase online.
- Buyers can “Make an Offer” online and receive an immediate response on your items.
- Buyers can arrange delivery or pickup In-store. Our website automatically calculates delivery for buyers.
- Marva’s delivery service is 100% customer service satisfaction rating!
- We’ve built a great reputation. We strive to give excellent service. Read our testimonials and see what real people are saying about us.
How does Pricing work?
- There are various factors when it comes to determining values of used items. With the information that you provide to us, we employ research within the market and our expertise to determine a value to place on each item. These pricing however is not a guarantee of any sale.
- Note: Used items have no real value besides what is being placed on them. Pricing is determined by the market and depends on what a buyer is willing to pay. If an item does not sell, it carries no real cash value.
- Pricing is subject to offers, discounts and promotions and periodic markdowns to finalize a sale.
How quickly does items sells?
- Furniture and home decor are sold within the consignment terms of agreement. There are no guarantees of a sale or to sell any used items.
When do you get paid?
- Payments are issued on the 15th of each month. Cutoff is on the 5th of each month.
What happens to un-sold items?
- All unsold items must be picked up within 5 days of the expiration date of your contract. All items not picked up after the consignment agreement ends is considered abandoned and becomes the property of Marva’s Place to dispose of at our discretion which includes continued sale to recoup our cost. We will not contact you during consignment, so make sure to keep track of your consignment dates. There are no exception to this rule.
Other options for unsold items:
You must get Approval 5 days before your consignment end date.
- Delivery. There is a fee for this service.
Fill out the “Consignment Form”.
MAKE SURE to submit a complete request to avoid any delays.
- Owner must be present during pickups or delivery to our showroom.
- Consignor is allowed one (1) appointment for drop-offs per consignment. If you have a large number of items, you will need to reserve a truck to bring items in all at once AND the truck must be high enough for our loading docks.
- All items must be cleaned and free from any damage before pickup/drop-off. A maintenance fee will be applied if applicable.