We offer consignment as a service to individuals that have high end furniture and home decor and who wishes to liquidate for a potential profit. Consignment is an easy way to gain cash for unwanted things. Many times individuals are not able to return goods to the original place of purchase, so Marva’s becomes a great resource to manage and filter these pieces into the secondary market while making this a benefit to the consignor.
How you can become a Consignor at Marva’s
1. Consignment with Marva’s is a partnership; we are selective in this process.
- Consignors must posses basic understanding and awareness of used furniture trends.
- Consignor must understand costs of transporting heavy furniture and use of labor.
2. What you must offer for consignment:
High End & Luxury Brands Or High Quality Made Furniture & Home Decor that are barely used.
- Items must be 10 years or newer. If you have furniture older than 10 years, they MUST be in excellent condition and trending to the styles of today. If you are unsure, you may still fill the consignment form and send us some pictures of what you would like to offer.
- WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANTIQUE FURNITURE
We take all items for the home including:
- Furniture (bedroom, dining room, living room, Office, etc)
- Rugs, paintings/art, lighting (lamps & chandeliers)
- Home Decor, modern/contemporary dinner and glassware.
- And seasonal items such as outdoor furniture.
High End Brands & Styles (to name a few):
- Stickley – Sherrill – Henredon – Bernhardt – Thomasville – Ethan Allen – Drexel – Henkel Harris
- Century, Hickory – Lexington – Rococo – French Heritage – Mid Century – Contemporary.
- We DO NOT accept antique furniture. We may consider some antique furniture that are useful for home or business use. Pieces must be in pristine condition.
- We DO NOT accept large furniture such has China Cabinets & Hutches, TV Armoires, Desks, Bookcases, Entertainment Centers, Bars, Tables, and Couches/Sofas/Sectionals.
Send us pictures and include all the information you know about your furniture and home decor items.
If your items meet our acceptance guidelines, we will arrange for you to bring your items in.
- We do not provide pricing until we are able to conduct a review and inspection. An appraisal of goods is included with every consignment agreement. If you wish to get an appraisal done before entering into a consignment agreement, we can visit your home or business for a fee. Please ask if you wish for this service.
CONSIGNMENT – 50/50 Sharing (not negotiable)
- Terms generally range from 90-120 days
- Once an item sells, we issue a check for 50% of the sales proceeds minus any applicable fees.
How do you get furniture & other items to our showroom?
- You may bring the pieces into our showroom. Estates, large furniture and many items requires an appointment.
- While you transport pieces to our showroom, please make sure to wrap every piece to avoid damage. We will not accept anything that is damaged. We highly recommend using our Pickup and Delivery Services. Moving and transporting furniture is a strenuous task that usually require 2-3 people (there is a cost to hire people and resources such as a truck and packing materials). They take excellent care of your furniture and art work from your home and then carefully displaying in our showrooms.
- Marva’s Place Pickup & Delivery Team: For your convenience, we employ a team who works directly with Marva’s. If you require this service, please ask for a pickup quote with your request.
What Marva’s offers that no one does:
- We have a large “Store Showroom & Warehouse”: Your items are displayed in our store showroom to our many buying clients.
- We have an eCommerce “Online Store“. Our online store catalogs items for sale for online direct purchase.
- We get thousands of online viewers every month.
- Buyers can shop our online inventory and make purchase online.
- Buyers can “Make an Offer” online and receive an immediate response on your items.
- Buyers can arrange delivery or pickup In-store. Our website automatically calculates delivery for buyers.
- Marva’s Place delivery service is 100% customer service satisfaction rating!
- We’ve built a great reputation. We strive to give excellent service. Read our testimonials and see what people are saying about us.
When do you get paid?
- Payments are issued on the 15th of each month. Cutoff is on the 5th of each month, so if a sale happens before the 4th, a check will be issued on the 15th and if a sale happens after the 6th, then a check is issued the following month on the 15th.
What happens to un-sold items?
- All unsold items must be picked up within 5 days of the expiration date of your contract. All items not picked up after the consignment agreement ends is considered abandoned and becomes the property of Marva’s Place to dispose of at our discretion.
- You may request a new consignment agreement. Approval is required.
- Delivery back to you. There is a fee for this service
- Donation to a Charity – we will provide you a donation slip.
How does Pricing work?
- There are various factors when it comes to determining values of used items. With the information that you provide to us, we employ extensive research within the market and our expertise to determine a value for each item.
How quickly does items sells?
- Furniture and home decor are sold within the consignment terms of agreement. There are no guarantees to sell used items.
Fill out the “Consignment Form”.
MAKE SURE to submit a complete request to avoid any delays.
- Owner must be present during pickups or delivery to our showroom.
- Consignor is allowed one (1) appointment for drop-offs per consignment. If you have a large number of items, you will need to reserve a truck to bring items in all at once AND the truck must be high enough for our docks.