The Estate Sale Process at Marva’s Place:
We bring the estate sale to our showrooms for a minimum of 90 days. That is a lot of time for exposure!
There is a lot of work that we do:
We start working as soon as we receive your request and there is a lot of work involved for a successful sale:
- First, we evaluate your estate requirements
- Draft a proposal for you which includes, delivery of your items to our showrooms, setup and handling.
- Co-ordinate and organize a team in preparation for your appointment for pickup. This day is extremely easy for you. Sit back and relax or move out of the way and let our professional staff carefully wrap each item with packing materials and move into our trucks to avoid any damages during transportation.
- Once items get to our showroom, every piece is handled with extremely care for dissemble and setup for display.
- Pictures will be taken for online sale and for various online promotions and marketing efforts.
- There may be some cleaning and maintenance for additional beautification as required.
- We will provide you with a list of items and pricing once everything is reviewed and researched.
- The sale begins!
Your items will be sold online, in our stores, from our list of clients seeking what you have and many times we deal and sell personally over the phone and through email.
Things you may want to know:
- There is a small fee to visit your home to evaluate your estate liquidation requirements. You may fill this form, call or email us to start the process.
- Pricing is conducted by a professional staff member once items get to our showroom. We will provide you with a summary of all your items which includes pricing. We maybe able to provide an estimate of pricing after we have completed an evaluation of your estate (upon request).
- We issue a check for 50% of the sale price minus any application fees due.
- Payments are issued once a month on the 15th. You will be provided an itemized summary of transactions.
- What happens to unsold items: You may choose to pickup. donate to a charity or request unsold items to be transferred into a new agreement.
What you can expect if you choose to work with other companies:
The Estate Sales experience is generally a one to two-day short sale on some of the most precious assets someone can own. Signs are placed, directing passersby to the event, and adds are purchased in local newspapers, on Craigslist and eBay. Superfluous costs may be paid out by you, the seller, to the Estate Sales Company for food, cleaning, sales labor, entertainment, post sales cleanup and a commission up to 35% of more on gross sales. After all this, there still exists the real possibility that several pieces remain unsold. These unsold pieces become your vocal point when you should be focused on the next step – your transition or the transition of your loved one. Instead you are calling your local storage facility.
The REAL problems for the seller and buyer alike, during a traditional Estate Sale, are threefold: time, servicing and exposure.
Estate Sales typically run for 48 to 72 hours. Within this time, valuable goods are significantly discounted. Hundreds, perhaps thousands, of dollars are left on the table in the pursuit to liquidate a residence. This loss of potential income may lead to profound consequences for the Estate. Simply put, more time is needed to adequately and professionally liquidate an Estate.
The staff for a typical Estate Sale may range from five to 20 people – this does not include the contracted services for food, entertainment, etc. The problem is not in the numbers of sales staff, but their ability to service potential buyers. Limited payment options, poor negotiation skills and product knowledge – the and lack of transportation options (i.e. delivery) can be the difference between a $2,000 sale, for Impressionism European artwork, or nothing.
Marva’s offers an exceptional online experience in which your Estate will be featured 24/7 – with access to millions of buyers across the United States. Professional and knowledgeable Team members will answer questions and offer guidance to potential buyers by phone and online. We will also arrange delivery or shipment of your sold goods to anywhere in the Continental United States. More importantly, your goods will remain on exhibition in our beautiful Plymouth Showroom for three to four months – a sufficient time for your belongings to obtain the exposure they deserve.
Exposure is more than making an item available, it is about making it appealing. Having product knowledge (i.e. how and where an item was constructed; etc.) is just as important as its manufacturer or designer – or the original purchase price. Knowing the value of your pieces will allow Marva’s to resell them at the fairest and most profitable price. Our buyers buy because they understand there is more value in decade-old Bernhardt or Henredon Dining Set than in what is being made today.
Please click on the SELL tab – located on our HOME screen – and begin your online Estate Sales experience today.