Ways to Purchase:
- Buy Online. You can shop and buy online 24/7 .
- Call us at 651-688-0159 and make order over the phone.
- We no longer offer a showroom for browsing. All items are warehoused and ready for shipment. Please browse and make your purchase online.
- Some items are available for viewing before purchase. View the item product page to see if that option is available.
Can I make an offer?
Yes. When viewing an item you want to buy, click on the link “Make an Offer” to submit to us. Registration is required with a valid email address. If you get an error message, you have a spam email address and will need to obtain a new email address to continue. If you want to submit an offer on multiple items, please include all the items in a message or email to us a list with your offer. You may also call 651-688-0159. If you receive an accepted offer, prompt payment is required and will not be honored at any future date.
Do you offer Delivery?
Yes. You can get a delivery quote online when you add items to your cart. The website will calculate the delivery cost up to 200 miles of your delivery address from Minneapolis, MN. If your delivery address is over 200 miles from Minneapolis, MN, you will need to contact us to gather a quote for you. You should still proceed in making your purchase. Once we get your order, we will gather the best quote available from one of our shipping partners.
When to expect your delivery?
Most items are processed and made ready for shipment within 4-7 days.
- Local Delivery (MN & WI): Normally 2 weeks but can take up to 4 weeks depending on the schedule.
- US Shipment: Time frames of delivery depends on the couriers schedule when they can pickup (7-14 days) and can take up to 6-8 weeks for delivery. Please allow normal processing time to get your order processed and ready.
What is your return policy?
All Sales are Final. No Returns. No. Refund. No Exchanges.
I am moving and need time for delivery of my purchase. Is there any fees that I should know of?
If you require additional time, we are happy to work with you. The fees would depend on how much time you need. Please call or email us for approval. Do not assume that you will not be charged a fee without prior approval.
I am searching for a specific item that is not on this website. Can you help?
Yes. If you are searching for items not on this website, please let us know by sending an email or message. You will be the first to know from new product arrivals before getting to this website. Being on this waiting list gets you the best deals.
Consignment and Liquidation Services
First, why Marva’s?
- We are people of integrity and we value your business as we do all of our clients, both buyers and sellers.
- We are very selective to high end items and we seek to represent only the very best of pre-owned new and used.
- We are voted one of the Top Pre-Owned places in the entire state of Minnesota. We are the best.
- We offer an online marketplace which catalogs products to online buyers all over the internet. Buyers buy directly from our website and if people are looking for what you have, they WILL find your items on this website.
- We offer a full service pickup and delivery service.
- We ship to buyers throughout the US, except Alaska & Hawaii with most carriers.
- We have a caring team of professionals which is always ready for any challenge.
What is the Consignment process? It’s very simple.
We are happy to offer our services in helping you to liquidate your high end estate items and collectibles.
- SEND PICTURES – start by sending us pictures of what you have by completing this form.
- You must provide all the information requested on the form to avoid any delays in getting an acceptance.
- If you have receipts or appraisals, we will collect a copy from you.
- If you have additional questions, fill out the contact us form or use the red message button at the bottom right of the screen.
- Before sending over your request, consider the cost of moving furniture out of your home or business as that is a requirement. You can get a quote from a moving company before hand to compare cost and as to not waste our associates time gathering one for you.
- PICK-UP – after your items is accepted and you have agreed to move forward with the pickup fees, we will contact you to arrange Pickup from your home or business.
- The pickup fee must be paid upon acceptance before we can schedule your pickup.
- This pickup fee varies and depends on the capacity of the item and care needed.
- Please make sure that all items are cleaned and free from any damage. We will not accept anything that was broken and repaired.
- Any item that requires cleaning or needing missing parts, will be assessed a fee to your account.
- A team member will arrange delivery with you within 48 hours.
- Any items that is not as described in your submission will be refused at pickup.
- There are no refunds if pickup does not occur.
- WAREHOUSE – All consignment items are stored until sold then shipped.
- YOU GET PAID – Finally, you get paid once your item (s) is sold.
Do you purchase out right?
Yes. In some cases, we do make offers to buy.
What We Accept?
All items must be high end, of high quality, usable, sell-able and in demand. All items must also be slightly used and in excellent condition.
1. RESIDENTIAL ESTATE:
- Furniture & Home Furnishings
- All antique furniture must be in pristine condition and trending to the styles of today.
- Art/Paintings & Sculptures
- Personal Collectables
- Office Furnishings and Equipment
- Outdoor Furnishings & Equipment
- Auto & Equipment
- Appliances & Electronics
2. COMMERCIAL OFFICE & RETAIL SPACES:
- Office Furniture & Furnishings
- Art/Paintings & Sculptures
- Auto & Equipment
- Appliances & Electronics
- Overstock Items
We accept all styles: Modern, Mid Century, Traditional, Contemporary, Classic Contemporary, Rustic, Cottage, Country, Industrial, Eclectic, Vintage, Antique, Retro, Art Deco, French Styles, Mission, Asian, European, Etc.
What we do not accept?
- We do not accept Damaged, Repaired, worn or broken items.
- We do not accept Large entertainment pieces, mattresses and box springs, toys, batteries.
- We do not accept disposable furniture such as IKEA, Walmart and Target brands. If your pieces are from outlet or discount stores, we do not take.
Can I bring my items in for your review?
- NO. Pickup Only. You must complete the SELL Form , or email us specific information about the items you wish to sell and your information.
Can I drop my items off?
- Sorry – this option is not available at this time.
- We do not accept consignment items from any moving companies or any other sources without prior approval.
- All consignment must use the furniture pickup services.
Is there a Minimum Requirement of items that we accept?
What Areas do you cover?
- We service the upper Midwest. Minnesota and Wisconsin.
- Our buyers comes from all over the US and Canada.
Is there a markdown system?
- Full price is effective for 60 days. Thereafter, prices are re-evaluated for further adjustments to finalized a sale.
- Items that are under longer contractual terms can see a fluctuation in prices meaning an increase or decrease.
- We offer “Make an Offer”. Buyers can make an offer for instant approval.
- We negotiate aggressively with the opportunity but like most retailers, we offer weekly discounts, promotions, coupons and periodic markdowns to finalize a sale.
- A sale of any item is not guaranteed.
Who sets the pricing?
- You can determine the pricing by doing your own research or knowing what you expect. We do the work of finding the buyer.
- To utilize our services and our expertise for pricing, a research must be done which can take hours to complete. There is a fee for this service.
Terms, Commission and Fees:
Terms: 3-12 months. Terms can be longer or shorter depending on the nature of the consigned item. Collectible items can take a longer time (sometimes years) to find a buyer.
50/50 Split – consignor gets 50% of the sale.
Moving Fees/Furniture Pickup Fees: Please make a moving fee budget before submitting your request. This fee can be costly but depends on how large your estate is or items accepted on consignment. Additional fees applies for apartments, condos and multiple location pickups. If there are long hallways, stairs or elevators, please make proper communication and arrangements with your property management; other fees may apply.
- Please note that moving services is a required service and is not an incentive for Marva’s to work with you. Moving services is provided to assist you in getting your items to Marva’s in the condition it will NOT be refused.
- Fee depends on the capacity of items being consigned or how much space is required to store your items.
Other fees may include any contract setup fee, setup & handling in our facility, taking images and writing services, online posting and entry fees, research and cleaning/maintenance if applicable to your estate.
- This fee starts at $49 and ONLY applies if cleaning or repairs is needed to make any item (s) presentable for a sale. All items must be free from damage or stains to be accepted.
Donation Services or other services as requested.
All “other applicable fees” will be taken from Sales proceeds or due at the end of terms of agreement.
Do you have a store?
No. We no longer offer this service. This way, you get more of the sale and your valuables are protected from being vandalized by browsers. Our time is spent finding you a buyer and getting you a faster sale. All consignment items are professional wrapped, stored and made ready for shipment once sold.
When do I get paid?
Payments for sold item s are issued to consignors on the 15th of each month and mailed. The cutoff for sold items are the 5th of each month.
So, what happens to unsold Items when my contract ends?
You have the following options:
Items can be delivered back to you or donated.
- You must arrange to have items delivered back to you or donated. You will have 5 days after the expiration date of your agreement to remove items from the warehouse. Anything that is not removed within that 5 days is considered Abandoned and becomes the property of Marva’s to dispose of at our discretion which may include continuation of sale.
- It is your full duty to keep track of your consignment contract and expiration dates.
- We will not contact you under any circumstances. It is your full responsibility to keep track of your contract.
- If you missed your expiration dates and time allowed for pickup, YOU HAVE VOLUNTARILY ABANDONED YOUR ITEMS. This rule is fully enforced and as stated in your contract.
- All applicable fees due on the expiration date will be billed to your payment on file.
- With prior written request and have received approval, we can store unsold items at an approved fee until you are able to arrange delivery back to you.
- If you have further questions, please review your contract before contacting us. Frequently asked questions are normally pretty basic and are outlined in the consignment agreement. If you wish to contact us, please send us a copy of your agreement for our review.
If my item (s) is still on the website, does that mean my contract is still active?
No. Once your consignment contract expires, it is no longer valid. If you have not made arrangements to remove your unsold items within the time allowed, then you have voluntarily abandoned your items. Every consignor signs an agreement and is responsible for keeping track of their consignment. Consignment agreement is a legal binding contract that is fully enforced. It is at our discretion to continue sale to recoup our losses and cost associated with any item. The website is NOT a contract with any consignor. We do not advise using the website as a tracking tool or to see if an item is available, sells and at what price (the website is not updated with sold prices). If you have any questions and you have a contract already with us, please review it first before contacting us. If you did not receive payment for any items under contract, that means your item (s) was not sold within your terms of agreement and YOU HAVE ABANDONED YOUR ITEMS.
Residential & Commercial Estate & Liquidation Services
How does it work?
First – please make sure that you are ready to use this service before you proceed and plan ahead.
- We recommend this service to clients with a Large Estate. We market your pieces in various media platforms and online. An online catalog is gathered for your specific estate with pictures and description which is available in our online store to buyers throughout the US to view and purchase directly online. Your sale goes on for 90-120 days or as long as you wish! Marva’s gets you moving smoothly with our own pickup and delivery service. We always have a team manager at every pickup to make sure we do it efficiently the first time.
- Send us your request by filling out the form, email us or give us a call to get started.
- We will schedule a time at your convenience for one of our associates to visit your home or business; in most cases Marva. We will take pictures and any details that is available for our research. A report will be provided within 72 hours.
- There is a fee which starts at $199 and depends on the size of your estate.
- We will provide a Quote for Service required:
- Base fee varies depending on the size of your estate or business. We will travel up to 30 miles. Additional fees apply if we must travel further or if we estimate more time will be required to complete your request. This fee is payable upon request and is non-refundable under any circumstances.
- We will schedule a specific time so one of our associates can visit your home or business. We will do a review of your estate, evaluate what you wish to liquidate and any other services as required. If you wish for guidance in your estate needs, we can assist in about any capacity. We will gather a report of the items that you wish to liquidate and a plan of action to remove everything from your home. This will include pickup fees and consignment fees.
- At this point, if you wish to proceed in using our services, we will give instructions on how to proceed from there.
Please contact us if you have any questions not on this page. Thank you and we look forward to working with you.
If you do not agree with the content in this website, please do not use it and leave this website immediately.