Ways to Purchase:
- Buy Online. You can shop this website 24/7 .
- Phone: Call us at 651-688-0159 and make your purchase over the phone.
- Email: Send your order to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have a store?
No. Our buyers purchase from our website and uses our shipping services. Also, due to the high cost of operating a showroom, we no longer offer this option for browsing at this time. All items are warehoused and made ready for shipment. Please browse this website and make your purchase.
- Some items are available for viewing before purchase. View the item product page to see if that option is available.
- A driver or sales associate will meet you to view the item if you are a serious buyer.
- or schedule an appointment if item (s) is still with our client and if that option is available.
- Cash/Check payment is due on demand with this option.
- A 4% credit card processing fee maybe required if you want to use credit. Marva’s Place is charged a processing fee to accept credit card payments.
- Even though we are in the state of MN and you reside here, Marva’s Place is an online store. All purchases must be made using one of the options available. Please call us at 651-688-0159 – we are available to answer any questions known to us for any items on this website.
Can I view item (s) before placing my purchase?
Some items can be viewed before placing purchase. Please view the item product page to see if that option is available. Most items are stored in our warehouse and are made ready for shipment/delivery once sold. Due to liability restrictions, we cannot allow customers in our warehouse and so, items that are marked “online only” are available for online purchase only.
Can I make an offer?
Yes. When viewing an item you want to buy, click on the link “Make an Offer” to submit to us. Registration is required with a valid email address. If you get an error message, you have a spam email address and will need to obtain a new email address to continue. If you want to submit an offer on multiple items, please include all the items in a message or email to us a list with your offer. You may also call 651-688-0159. If you receive an accepted offer, prompt payment is required and will not be honored at any future date.
Do you offer Delivery?
Yes. You can get a delivery quote online when you add items to your cart. The website will calculate the delivery cost up to 200 miles of your delivery address from Minneapolis, MN. If your delivery address is over 200 miles from Minneapolis, MN, you will need to contact us to gather a quote for you. You should still proceed in making your purchase. Once we get your order, we will gather the best quote available from one of our shipping partners.
When to expect your delivery?
Most items are processed and made ready for shipment within 4-7 days or sooner.
- Local Delivery (MN & WI): Normally 7-14 days but can take up to 4 weeks depending on the schedule.
- US Shipment: Time frames of delivery depends on the couriers schedule when they can pickup (7-14 days) and can take up to 6-8 weeks for delivery. Please allow normal processing time to get your order processed and ready.
What is your return policy?
All Sales are Final. No Returns. No. Refund. No Exchanges.
All items are inspected for quality. When viewing an item on the item product page, please make note of the description which describes the items after our initial inspection. If you have any questions, please use the red message button towards the bottom left of the screen. You may call us at 651-688-0159, fill the contact us page or email us directly at email@example.com.
NOTE: Items that are shipped using one of our partnered couriers are insured, so your purchased items are covered under their insurance for damages. Marva’s Place DOES NOT resolve any issues with partnered couriers. Shipping or Delivery fees are collected and paid directly to the shipping courier. You must work with that company for any claims you may have.
I am moving and need time for delivery of my purchase. Is there any fees that I should know of?
If you require additional time, we are happy to work with you. The fees would depend on how much time you need. Please call or email us for approval. Do not assume that you will not be charged a fee without prior approval.
I am searching for a specific item that is not on this website. Can you help?
Yes. If you are searching for items not on this website, please let us know by sending an email or message. You will be the first to know from new product arrivals before getting to this website. Being on this waiting list gets you the best deals.
First, why Marva’s?
- We’ve worked with thousands of clients since 2010 and we’ve developed an excellent reputation.
- BIGGER AUDIENCE – You get Local & US exposure: Your items are professionally photographed and listed on this website. If someone is searching the world wide web for what you have, they will find it here.
- Potential of getting a higher return: Marva’s is recognized and trusted for representing the best of what the pre-owned industry as to offer. We are voted one of the Top Pre-Owned places in the entire state of Minnesota.
- Local, US Shipping & Furniture Pickup: We package and ship to anywhere in the US.
- Personal Service: Buyer can speak to a local representative who will negotiate on your behalf.
- There is a lot of marketing work being done behind the scenes for you that you do not see; work with us.
- When you work with Marva’s, you know that you are working with a company that you can trust.
- We are people of integrity and we value your business as we do all of our clients, both buyers and sellers.
What is the Consignment process to see your furnishings? It’s very simple.
- SEND PICTURES – start by sending us pictures of what you have by completing this form.
- You must provide all the information requested on the form to avoid any delays in getting an acceptance.
- If you have receipts or appraisals, we will collect a copy from you.
- If you have additional questions, fill out the contact us form or use the red message button at the bottom right of the screen.
- Before sending over your request, consider the cost of moving furniture out of your home or business as that is a requirement. You can get a quote from a moving company before hand to compare cost and as to not waste our associates time gathering one for you.
- FURNITURE PICK-UP – after your items is accepted and you have agreed to move forward with the pickup fees, we will contact you to arrange Pickup from your home or business.
- The pickup fee must be paid upon acceptance before we can schedule your pickup.
- This pickup fee varies and depends on the capacity of the item and care needed.
- Please make sure that all items are cleaned and free from any damage. We will not accept anything that was broken and repaired.
- Any item that requires cleaning or needing missing parts, will be assessed a fee to your account.
- A team member will arrange delivery with you within 48 hours.
- Any items that is not as described in your submission will be refused at pickup.
- There are no refunds if pickup does not occur.
- WAREHOUSE – All consignment items are stored and made ready until sold then shipped.
- CONSIGNMENT: We market your items in various medias, provide private showings and negotiate on your behalf.
- YOU GET PAID – Finally, you get paid once your item (s) is sold.
Do you purchase out right?
Yes. In some cases, we may make offers to buy. In most cases, items will be on consignment before such offer is considered.
What We Accept?
All items must be high end, of high quality, usable, sell-able and in demand. All items must also be slightly used, new or in excellent condition.
1. RESIDENTIAL ESTATE:
- Furniture & Home Furnishings
- All antique furniture must be in pristine condition and trending to the styles of today.
- Art/Paintings & Sculptures
- Personal Collectibles
- Office Furnishings and Equipment
- Outdoor Furnishings & Equipment
- Auto & Equipment
- Appliances & Electronics
2. COMMERCIAL OFFICE & RETAIL SPACES:
- Office Furniture & Furnishings
- Art/Paintings & Sculptures
- Auto & Equipment
- Appliances & Electronics
- Overstock Items
We accept all styles: Modern, Mid Century, Traditional, Contemporary, Classic Contemporary, Rustic, Cottage, Country, Industrial, Eclectic, Vintage, Antique, Retro, Art Deco, French Styles, Mission, Asian, European, Etc.
What we do not accept?
- We do not accept Damaged, Repaired, worn or broken items.
- We do not accept Large entertainment pieces, mattresses and box springs, toys, batteries.
- We do not accept disposable furniture such as IKEA, Walmart and Target brands. If your pieces are from outlet or discount stores, we do not take.
Can I bring my items in for your review?
- NO. You must complete the SELL Form , or email us specific information about the items you wish to sell and your information.
Can I drop my items off?
- Sorry – this option is not available at this time.
- We do not accept consignment items from any moving companies or any other sources without prior approval.
- All consignment items must use the furniture pickup services.
Is there a Minimum Requirement of items that we accept?
NO. We work with large estates or clients with a few items.
What Areas do you cover?
- We service the upper Midwest. Minnesota and Wisconsin.
- Our buyers comes from all over the US and Canada.
Is there a markdown system?
- Full price is effective for 60 days. Thereafter, prices are re-evaluated for further adjustments to finalized a sale.
- Items that are under longer contractual terms can see a fluctuation in prices meaning an increase or decrease.
- We offer “Make an Offer”. Buyers can make an offer for instant approval.
- We negotiate aggressively with the opportunity but like most retailers, we offer weekly discounts, promotions, coupons and periodic markdowns to finalize a sale.
- A sale of any used item is not guaranteed. Items that are stylish to the styles of today and in demand as a greater chance of being sold.
Who sets the pricing?
- You can determine the pricing by doing your own research or knowing what you want. We do the work of finding the buyer.
- However, normally we set the pricing. We utilize our expertise for pricing which may also include, research that can take hours sometimes to complete depending on the estate.
Terms, Commission and Fees:
Terms: Normally 90-120 days. Terms can be longer or shorter depending on the nature of the consigned item. Collectible items can take much longer (sometimes years) to find a buyer.
50/50 Sharing – consignor gets 50% of the sale minus any applicable fees.
Furniture Pickup Fees: Please make a moving fee budget before submitting your request. This fee can be costly but depend on how large your estate is or items accepted on consignment. Additional fees applies for apartments, condos and multiple location pickups. If there are long hallways, stairs or elevators, please make proper communication and arrangements with your property management; other fees may apply.
- Please note that furniture pickup services is a required service and is not an incentive for Marva’s to work with you. This services is provided to assist you in getting your items to Marva’s in the condition it will NOT be refused.
- Fee depends on the capacity of items being consigned or how much space is required to store your items.
Other fees may include any consignment setup fee, setup & handling in our facility, taking images and writing services, online posting and entry fees, research and cleaning/maintenance if applicable to your estate.
- This fee starts at $49 and ONLY applies if cleaning or repairs is needed to make any item (s) presentable for a sale. All items must be free from damage or stains to be accepted however.
Donation Services or other services as requested.
- If you require this service, we will gather a quote for you.
All “other applicable fees” will be taken from Sales proceeds or due at the end of terms of agreement.
When do I get paid?
Payments for sold items are issued to consignors on the 15th of each month and mailed. The cutoff for sold items are the 5th of each month.
So, what happens to unsold Items when my contract ends?
You have the following options:
Items can be delivered back to you or donated.
- You must arrange to have items delivered back to you or donated. You will have 5 days after the expiration date of your agreement to remove items from the warehouse. Anything that is not removed within that 5 days is considered Abandoned and becomes the property of Marva’s to dispose of at our discretion which may include continuation of sale.
- It is your full duty to keep track of your consignment contract and expiration dates.
- We will not contact you under any circumstances. It is your full responsibility to keep track of your contract.
- If you missed your expiration dates and time allowed for pickup, YOU HAVE VOLUNTARILY ABANDONED YOUR ITEMS. This rule is fully enforced and as stated in your contract.
- All applicable fees due upon expiration date is due immediately.
- With prior written request and have received approval, we can store unsold items at an approved fee until you are able to arrange delivery back to you.
- If you have further questions, please review your contract before contacting us. Frequently asked questions are normally pretty basic and are outlined in the consignment agreement. If you wish to contact us, please send us a copy of your agreement for our review.
If my item (s) is still on the website, does that mean my contract is still active?
No. Once your consignment contract expires, it is no longer valid. If you have not made arrangements to remove your unsold items within the time allowed, then you have voluntarily abandoned your items. Every consignor signs an agreement and is responsible for keeping track of their consignment. Consignment agreement is a legal binding contract that is fully enforced. It is at our discretion to continue sale to recoup our losses and cost associated with any item for disposal purposes. The website is NOT a contract with any consignor. We do not advise using the website as a tracking tool or to see if an item is available, sells and at what price (the website is not updated with sold prices). If you have any questions and you have a contract already with us, please review it first of your responsibilities before contacting us or making a complaint. If you did not receive payment for any items under contract, that means your item (s) was not sold within your terms of agreement and YOU HAVE ABANDONED YOUR ITEMS.
Estate Sales Services
How does it work?
First – please make sure that you are ready to use this service before you proceed and plan ahead.
- We recommend this service to clients with a Large Estate.
- Send us your request by filling out the SELL form or email us directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will schedule a time at your convenience for one of our associates to visit your home or business.
- There is a fee which starts at $75 an hour.
Please contact us if you have any questions not on this page. Thank you and we look forward to working with you.
If you do not agree with the content in this website, please do not use it and leave this website immediately.